Thursday 3 April 2014

Art | Watercolour Pet Portrait

When I have spare time I love to paint and draw, I know as a designer I get to draw and create on a regular basis but it's not often you can be indulgent and create something not related to work or projects. The other evening I decided to dust off my watercolour paints and illustrate this fluffy pooch below, his name is 'Frank' and he is my mum's Standard Poodle… I gave her the illustration for Mothers Day. I really enjoyed painting him, dog's are not something I'm used to drawing but I enjoyed the challenge. He is made up of several layers after the initial pencil drawing, there is a base coat of washed colours built up with more painted layers, watercolour pencil and fine brush work. Cute isn't he!

      All images and content ©AlicePerryDesigns 2014



No comments:

Post a Comment