Saturday 23 June 2012

Something Blue...

"Something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue"
You have probably all heard this traditional rhyme used for weddings, traditionally the bride should wear something of each for luck. My best friend Cathryn, who got married in May this year had everything but something blue. This gave me the idea of hand making her garter out of blue buttons for her to wear on her wedding day, solving the problem of 'something blue'. I collected and bought various shades and textures of blue buttons and soon began stitching away! It ended up having an element of 'something old' too as the mother of the bride kindly gave me lace from her veil and beautiful ivory buttons from her wedding dress which I incorporated into the garter, which gave it an extra special meaning! I'm pleased Cathryn loved it and like to think ts something she'll be able to treasure forever. 






1 comment:

  1. Stopping by to say hello. Lovely blog, I like your side bar with books you recommend, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete